In the event that you, or a loved one, answer yes to the following questions, immediate professional good care in the form of medical detoxification is warranted:
- Do you feel like you need to take more Xanax than you used to just to achieve the same high you will have?
- Are family and friends frequently remarking on your lack at social functions you used to attend?
- Do you experience symptoms of withdrawal like muscle twitches and sleeping disorders if you stop using or decelerate on use?
- Have you set goals to lessen on use and didn’t reach them?
- Are you currently constantly worrying about when you get to use again and ensuring you have a trusted supplier?
- Are you aware of the negative impact your Xanax misuse is having on your life, but you keep using anyway?
Long-term side ramifications of mistreatment may be prevented with medicine. Medical detoxification is the safest way to wean off Xanax and move back to a wholesome and fully functioning life. If people started out taking Xanax as part of a treatment plan for anxiety or other conditions such as panic disorder, they will require treatment that addresses the initial condition. This may come in the form of another medication or even more natural alternatives, like yoga exercises and yoga. ABC Reports reported on one study where yoga instructors possessed their brains scanned after 1 hour of yoga practice, and the results exhibited a 27 percent upsurge in GABA levels.
Detoxing from Xanax should never be attempted only. With the right care and attention during drawback and continuing treatment, users can get back on their feet and manage drug abuse and mental health issues with appropriate treatment options that are suited to their long-term needs.